Saturday, May 19, 2012

Grilled Apple Cheese Sandwich

This sandwich is a combination of flavors that I originally thought would be weird, but turned out to be delicious. It's also really fast and easy to make.

Ingredients:
1/4 small apple
1 slice cheese
2 slices bread
1 tbsp honey mustard

Start out with two slices of bread, like with any sandwich. I usually use whole wheat, but today I decided to shake it up and use a bagel instead of plain old bread. Spread honey mustard over one slice. If you don't have honey mustard, you can try a bit of maple syrup, honey, or plain mustard. Add a layer of thin apple slices. Then add the cheese. Sharp cheddar works best because it adds a stronger flavor, but any kind of cheese works, as long as it'll melt. Top it off with the other slice of bread, then grill it. I use a small George Foreman grill, but you can do whatever works best for you. Wait until the cheese melts, then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment